UNAA Forum: Economic Empowerment of Women and Girls
The United Nations Association of Australia will host a Consultative Forum in Melbourne, 5-6 September 2016, on the theme: The Economic Empowerment of Women and Girls
This theme aligns with the focus for the 61st Commission on the Status of Women (CSW), to be held at the United Nations Headquarters in New York in March 2017.
This one and a half day forum will include expert keynote speakers, and a range of thematic discussions in which delegates will be encouraged to share their professional and personal insights to workshop a multi-sectoral action plan to advance economic empowerment of women and girls.
1. Women’s economic empowerment in contexts of family violence
2. Ending workplace discrimination and closing the pay gap
3. Economic insecurity: strategies to address the impacts on children
4. The economic empowerment of culturally and linguistically diverse women and girls
5. Superannuation and the economic empowerment of older women
Date: 5-6 September 2016
Time: Day 1: 8:30am for registrations – 5pm
Day 2: 9am – 1.45pm
Venue: Novotel, 270 Collins St Melbourne
Registration: $235 or $175 Concession/UNAA Member
RSVP: Wednesday August 31
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided
Details of speakers will follow shortly.