48 Hour Entry Flash Sale!
If you have already submitted one or more entries in the UNAA Media Awards you may submit a second free entry on Thursday August 17 or Friday August 18. You must have submitted at least one paid entry before or during the 48 hour flash sale. More details here.
Entries for the 2017 UNAA Media Awards are now open and will close 5pm, Tuesday September 5 2017.
Download the Category Criteria documents below for more information on the 2017 categories.
Winners will be announced at the Awards Presentation Dinner to be held on Friday October 27, 2017 at the Pavilion, Arts Centre Melbourne.
All work must have been published in Australian public media between September 2 2016 and September 5 2017.
Please ensure you have read the following documents thoroughly before submitting your entry:
2017 Award Categories:
Entries in the Major Award Categories should focus on any subject or issue of relevance to one or more of the following Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and/or its targets:
Goal 1: Ending poverty in all its forms everywhere
Goal 4: Ensuring inclusive and quality education for all
Goal 5: Gender equality, empowering all women and girls
Goal 8: Promoting inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment and decent work for all
Goal 10: Reducing inequalities within and among countries
Goal 13: Climate Action
Goal 16: Promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies.
Please note your work does not have to specifically reference the SDGs. Additional criteria apply for each category, please read the category criteria documents available above.
Major Award Categories:
- Best Print/Written (includes written articles published online)
- Best Photojournalism
- Best Radio (includes podcasts):
– News (less than 10 minutes)
– Documentary (more than 10 minutes)
- Best Television:
– News/Current Affairs (less than 20 minutes)
– Documentary (more than 20 minutes)
- Best Online
Special Award Categories:
These categories will each focus on one or more of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and its targets. Additional criteria apply for each category, please read the category criteria documents available above.
- Promotion of Social Cohesion
- Promotion of Gender Equality: Empowerment of Women and Girls
- Promotion of Children’s Rights and Issues
- Promotion of Disability Rights and Issues
- Promotion of Indigenous Rights and Issues
- Promotion of Empowerment of Older People (Sponsored by Cbus Super)